Seed Grants Application Results (2017-18)
The third set of selections for documentary filmmaking seed grants has been completed. We would like to express our thanks and gratitude to everyone who applied.
The winners are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Alfred Sung, The Last Stitch will be awarded with HK$150,000 production grant
- Covin Cheng (working title to be confirmed) will be awarded with HK$80,000 production grant
- Jayson Albano and Sonali Devnani, Addicted Innocence will be awarded with HK$30,000 production grant
- Wong Yik Fung and Li Man Chung, Learn to Unlearn will be awarded with HK$120,000 production grant
- Tsui Yuen Tan and Zeng Wanqiu, Still Silence will be awarded with HK$80,000 production grant
All winners will receive one-on-one coaching by creative advisors, nine months of residency at the Journalism and Media Studies Centre of The University of Hong Kong and free admission to classes with award-winning documentary filmmaking experts.
(Picture shows judges after the panel meeting to decide the winners of the seed grants. From left: Film Director, Jevons Au; CEO and Co-Founder of CNEX Foundation, Ruby Chen; Associate Professor at the Journalism and Media Studies Centre of The University of Hong Kong, Nancy Tong; Director of Hong Kong Documentary Initiative, Ruby Yang ; Film Educator and Practitioner, Jimmy Choi.)
Special thanks to the CNEX Foundation and the judges. The Hong Kong Documentary Initiative will continue to support local documentary filmmaking. Looking forward to seeing the completion of the funded documentaries!